Jays From the Couch brings you Episode 60 of the Jays Nest Podcast where we talk Blue Jays addition of Gavin Floyd, managing and more!
This week’s episode of the Jays Nest Podcast brings you the reaction from the Blue Jays signing of Gavin Floyd to a big league deal, the seemingly never ending conversation about who will leadoff and a potential management candidate. We also take a reader question about less obvious options for an important role next season.
In This Week’s Episode:
- The Blue Jays signed Gavin Floyd to a major league deal, which was kind of surprising. We explore our reactions to this signing and what it means for the Blue Jays bullpen. We explore the idea of Floyd as the next Liam Hendriks. With a reduced role, perhaps his velocity can be capitalized on.
- For some reason, who will hit first in the Blue Jays lineup keeps coming up. We explore a few options, but ultimately decide upon why the issue really doesn’t matter.This might be a problem for mortal teams, but not your Toronto Blue Jays.
- We responded to the idea that former Blue Jays catcher, and current Sportsnet analyst, Gregg Zaun reached out to Mark Shapiro regarding a possible move into management. The news of this conversation came from Bob Elliott writing for the Canadian Baseball Network. We explore this idea.
- Speaking of managing, we talk about the news of Eric Wedge joining the Blue Jays organization as a player development advisor and what possible impact this could have on the future of John Gibbons. Believe it, or not, there are conspiracies out there.
- Our reader question was a challenging one that asks us to choose an important player for the 2016 season that exists outside of the obvious choices.
The Jays’ Nest Podcast is a weekly show hosted by Keegan Matheson of Jays Journal and myself (Founder of Jays From the Couch, Shaun Doyle), featuring recaps, news, opinion, analysis, special guests, and more. Each week we bring our own observations and views about the Toronto Blue Jays to our listeners. We try to keep an open mind while bringing the fans’ perspective to the goings on in Blue Jays Land.
Obviously, we think you should subscribe to our show so that you get it automatically sent to your favorite listening device. Here’s how:
On an iPhone or iPad- Listening on an IOS device? Then simply click here to open up the Podcasts app that Apple pushes by default to all iOS devices, then click subscribe! And, hey! Why not leave us a rating while you’re there?
On an Android tablet or phone- Android has no default podcast player, so you will need to download an app. We suggest Stitcher. But, you can also find us using whichever podcast catcher you prefer. Just search for Jays’ Nest Podcast and you will find us.
We’ve made it super easy for you to find us everywhere. We welcome your feedback, whether it is about something you’ve heard on our show, something you’d like to hear or about the show itself. We want to make this your “go to” source for Blue Jays talk!
THANK YOU FOR VISITING JAYS FROM THE COUCH! CHECK US OUT ON TWITTER@JAYSFROMCOUCH AND LIKE US FACEBOOK. BE SURE TO CATCH THE JAYS NEST PODCAST!
Shaun Doyle is a long time Blue Jays fan and writer! He decided to put those things together and create Jays From the Couch. Shaun is the host of Jays From the Couch Radio, which is highly ranked in iTunes, and he has appeared on TV and radio spots.