Jays From the Couch brings you Episode 61 of the Jays Nest Podcast where we look into both the short and long term future of the Toronto Blue Jays
Episode 61 of the Jays Nest Podcast sees Keegan and I up to our old tricks. This week, we’re back with another exciting edition of our Toronto Blue Jays chat. This time, we’re looking forward. The 2016 season is starting sooner than you think with pitchers and catchers reporting in less than a week. We look into the near future as well as a few years down the road. We discuss Blue Jays rumors (even silly ones), projections and predictions and coaching impact.
In This Week’s Episode:
- We discuss the likelihood of Bryce Harper signing with the Toronto Blue Jays in 2019. The fact that it is 3 yrs away doesn’t seem to matter to those who would suggest that a deal is possible. It seems like such an impossible idea that the club would fork over the $400-$500M that Harper will likely command.
- While the Harper idea may seem silly, it is not so when you’re thinking ahead to 2019 for Josh Donaldson and his free agency. We look at a recent idea that perhaps he’d be better served not hitting the open market that year.
- When a new baseball season approaches, it is inevitable that folks will want to discuss how a team and its players will perform that year. Our podcast offers our take on projections in general as well as looking at a few players and their projections for 2016. Some seem unfair, while others seem accurate as you would expect.
- Based on our own Catherine Stem’s piece on Blue Jays’ pitching coach, Pete Walker, we wondered about the role of coaching at the major league level.
- We ended with a couple of good reader questions. The first asked about a trade for a backup catcher and the second asked for a summary of the upcoming season.
The Jays’ Nest Podcast is a weekly show hosted by Keegan Matheson of Jays Journal and myself (Founder of Jays From the Couch, Shaun Doyle), featuring recaps, news, opinion, analysis, special guests, and more. Each week we bring our own observations and views about the Toronto Blue Jays to our listeners. We try to keep an open mind while bringing the fans’ perspective to the goings on in Blue Jays Land.
Obviously, we think you should subscribe to our show so that you get it automatically sent to your favorite listening device. Here’s how:
On an iPhone or iPad- Listening on an IOS device? Then simply click here to open up the Podcasts app that Apple pushes by default to all iOS devices, then click subscribe! And, hey! Why not leave us a rating while you’re there?
On an Android tablet or phone- Android has no default podcast player, so you will need to download an app. We suggest Stitcher. But, you can also find us using whichever podcast catcher you prefer. Just search for Jays’ Nest Podcast and you will find us.
We’ve made it super easy for you to find us everywhere. We welcome your feedback, whether it is about something you’ve heard on our show, something you’d like to hear or about the show itself. We want to make this your “go to” source for Blue Jays talk!
THANK YOU FOR VISITING JAYS FROM THE COUCH! CHECK US OUT ON TWITTER@JAYSFROMCOUCH AND LIKE US FACEBOOK. BE SURE TO CATCH THE JAYS NEST PODCAST!