Jays From the Couch brings you Episode 62 of the Jays Nest Podcast where we look at the Toronto Blue Jays management’s tolerance for risk thus far.
Episode 62 of the Jays Nest Podcast brings you a look at the winter the Toronto Blue Jays had through the eye of Mark Shapiro’s comment on “risk tolerance”. When the new president took over in Toronto, he said that he’d have a different tolerance for risk than he’d had in the past. We assess the moves the club has made and decide whether his comments hold up. Did the Blue Jays operate by throwing caution to the wind? How much risk was involved in the deals they made? We also dug into the comment Jose Bautista made regarding his contract situation.
In This Week’s Episode:
- We break down the comments Jose Bautista made about his contract negotiations…rather the lack of negotiations. He’s given the club his demands, it is up to them to meet them.
- In signing Marco Estrada to 2 yrs, the Blue Jays were betting on him repeating his 2015 success and not being the pitcher we thought they got in return for Adam Lind.
- In signing J.A. Happ, the club was banking on the changes he made at the end of last season to stick. Was it worth 3 yrs? Were either of these guys a risk at their AAV?
- We look at the risk involved in trading Liam Hendriks for Jesse Chavez and Ben Revere for Drew Storen. We also touch on some of the more minor moves of the winter.
- We took some reader questions and they were good! They wanted to know about ticket pricing, our 5yr plan and AL East rotational comparisons.
The Jays’ Nest Podcast is a weekly show hosted by Keegan Matheson of Jays Journal and myself (Founder of Jays From the Couch, Shaun Doyle), featuring recaps, news, opinion, analysis, special guests, and more. Each week we bring our own observations and views about the Toronto Blue Jays to our listeners. We try to keep an open mind while bringing the fans’ perspective to the goings on in Blue Jays Land.
Obviously, we think you should subscribe to our show so that you get it automatically sent to your favorite listening device. Here’s how:
On an iPhone or iPad- Listening on an IOS device? Then simply click here to open up the Podcasts app that Apple pushes by default to all iOS devices, then click subscribe! And, hey! Why not leave us a rating while you’re there?
On an Android tablet or phone- Android has no default podcast player, so you will need to download an app. We suggest Stitcher. But, you can also find us using whichever podcast catcher you prefer. Just search for Jays’ Nest Podcast and you will find us.
We’ve made it super easy for you to find us everywhere. We welcome your feedback, whether it is about something you’ve heard on our show, something you’d like to hear or about the show itself. We want to make this your “go to” source for Blue Jays talk!
THANK YOU FOR VISITING JAYS FROM THE COUCH! CHECK US OUT ON TWITTER@JAYSFROMCOUCH AND LIKE US FACEBOOK. BE SURE TO CATCH every episode of THE JAYS NEST PODCAST!