Jays From the Couch brings you Episode 65 of the Jays Nest Podcast where we talk Blue Jays roster taking shape, contracts and so much more!
After a bit of a break, the Jays Nest Podcast returns to its usual form as Keegan and I get back together to talk Blue Jays. And, Episode 65 is worth the wait! Canada’s favorite team has given us quite a bit to digest over the last little while. So, grab your TUMS, plug us in as you’ll hear us chew on the roster taking shape, the surprisingly many contract situations that are captivating everyone, as well as the return of a long standing debate regarding Aaron Sanchez. For dessert, we enjoy some good reader questions, as always.
In This Week’s Episode:
- We react to the news of John Gibbons‘ contract being altered. While we recorded the episode of the podcast at a point where more information is bound to come to light, the discussion led to some pretty surprising ends, which weren’t all doom and gloom.
- The injury to Edwin Encarnacion has had an interesting impact on his current contract situation, whether the club will admit it or not. We take a step back and look at the optics of all of the interactions that are taking place and try to sort out the mess that has become the main topic of conversation this spring: contracts.
- For some reason, the topic of Aaron Sanchez as a starter or a reliever continues to be a thing. This time, it is an issue because Mark Shapiro may not be comfortable, or confident, in the young righty’s ability to throw a full season’s worth of innings. We break down the logic of this argument. It seems illogical, which is odd coming from the “logical-to-a-fault” club president.
- With the placement of Dalton Pompey in AAA, we look at what options the Blue Jays will have to consider for the 4th outfielder spot. Do you take a well known commodity in Ezequiel Carerra? Or, the potentially more impactful Junior Lake? The choice is an interesting one given that whichever one you don’t take, you risk losing on waivers.
- From there, we took some reader questions that range in topics from Drew Hutchison to the Trade Deadline to what to expect from Chris Colabello.
The Jays’ Nest Podcast is a weekly show hosted by Keegan Matheson of Jays Journal and myself (Founder of Jays From the Couch, Shaun Doyle), featuring recaps, news, opinion, analysis, special guests, and more. Each week we bring our own observations and views about the Toronto Blue Jays to our listeners. We try to keep an open mind while bringing the fans’ perspective to the goings on in Blue Jays Land.
Obviously, we think you should subscribe to our show so that you get it automatically sent to your favorite listening device. Here’s how:
On an iPhone or iPad- Listening on an IOS device? Then simply click here to open up the Podcasts app that Apple pushes by default to all iOS devices, then click subscribe! And, hey! Why not leave us a rating while you’re there?
On an Android tablet or phone- Android has no default podcast player, so you will need to download an app. We suggest Stitcher. But, you can also find us using whichever podcast catcher you prefer. Just search for Jays’ Nest Podcast and you will find us.
We’ve made it super easy for you to find us everywhere. We welcome your feedback, whether it is about something you’ve heard on our show, something you’d like to hear or about the show itself. We want to make this your “go to” source for Blue Jays talk!
THANK YOU FOR VISITING JAYS FROM THE COUCH! CHECK US OUT ON TWITTER @JAYSFROMCOUCH AND LIKE US FACEBOOK. BE SURE TO CATCH EVERY EPISODE OF THE JAYS NEST PODCAST!