Jays From the Couch brings you Ep66 of the Jays Nest Podcast where we break down the Toronto Blue Jays decisions in the final days of Spring Training.
Episode 66 of the Jays Nest Podcast brings you a great discussion covering all of the decisions yet to be made about the Toronto Blue Jays roster as the season is set to start in just days. From the 4th outfield spot to the bullpen, there are some tough decisions facing management. Keeping one player may mean losing another. We break down all of these scenarios in our discussion. We also take some reader questions that looks at the rest of the division and more!
In This Week’s Episode:
- Some of the bigger news to come out of camp recently is that Aaron Sanchez will indeed be in the starting rotation. While he may be moved to the bullpen at the end of the season to limit his innings, this may just be a more shrewd decision than what is on the surface. We break down why.
- We dig into the waiver claim of Jesus Montero and how it impacts catcher, A.J. Jimenez. There is some confusion and interesting expectations placed on Montero and we clear it all up.
- We run through and update on all of the injuries and status of those who have suffered them. We check in on Devon Travis, Edwin Encarnacion and Marco Estrada.
- From there, we dig into the big decisions facing the club as they attempt to choose between guys who are out of options. For example, in the outfield, if they choose Junior Lake as their 4th outfielder, they risk losing Ezequiel Carrera when they place him on waivers. Interestingly enough, Darrell Ceciliani has outperformed both of these guys, but could find himself sent to AAA Buffalo. We explain.
- Discussing the bullpen does not get any easier as there are several arms who may end up elsewhere depending on the choices made in the next few days. Steve Delabar is out of options, Joe Biagini was a Rule 5 pick and has to be offered back to San Francisco if he doesn’t make the club. We explore all of the scenarios and options.
- From there, we took some reader questions that asked about pitching depth, how the rotation stacks up against the rest of the AL East and who gets called up first.
The Jays’ Nest Podcast is a weekly show hosted by Keegan Matheson of Jays Journal and myself (Founder of Jays From the Couch, Shaun Doyle), featuring recaps, news, opinion, analysis, special guests, and more. Each week we bring our own observations and views about the Toronto Blue Jays to our listeners. We try to keep an open mind while bringing the fans’ perspective to the goings on in Blue Jays Land.
Obviously, we think you should subscribe to our show so that you get it automatically sent to your favorite listening device. Here’s how:
On an iPhone or iPad- Listening on an IOS device? Then simply click here to open up the Podcasts app that Apple pushes by default to all iOS devices, then click subscribe! And, hey! Why not leave us a rating while you’re there?
On an Android tablet or phone- Android has no default podcast player, so you will need to download an app. We suggest Stitcher. But, you can also find us using whichever podcast catcher you prefer. Just search for Jays’ Nest Podcast and you will find us.
We’ve made it super easy for you to find us everywhere. We welcome your feedback, whether it is about something you’ve heard on our show, something you’d like to hear or about the show itself. We want to make this your “go to” source for Blue Jays talk!
You can check out our podcast sponsors- No Halftime and download their head to head fantasy app today!
THANK YOU FOR VISITING JAYS FROM THE COUCH! CHECK US OUT ON TWITTER @JAYSFROMCOUCH AND LIKE US FACEBOOK. BE SURE TO CATCH EVERY EPISODE OF THE JAYS NEST PODCAST!