Jays From the Couch brings you Episode 68 of the Jays Nest Podcast. This week, we discuss Blue Jays Opening Day, minor league rosters & more!
Jays From the Couch brings you another great episode of the Jays Nest Podcast. It seems like just a few days ago that we brought you our special Season Opener episode…Since then, the Toronto Blue Jays have started the 2016 season with a bang. They beat the Tampa Bay Rays and everything is all good in Blue Jays Land.
This week, we bring you our takeaways from the first game of the season. There were quite a few to choose from. We look at the minor league rosters for the Blue Jays affiliates. There are some surprises as you look at each level of the system. Where does your favorite prospect start the season? We break it down for you. We look ahead at the upcoming series against the Red Sox after we dig into the rest of the Rays’ series. We also have some great reader questions for you.
In This Week’s Episode:
- The Opening Day matchup against the Rays provided a few different talking points. Firstly, the efforts of Marcus Stroman cannot be understated. But, the game wasn’t full of sunshine and rainbows. We look at a few things that stood out to us.
- The Blue Jays telecast saw some fairly impressive numbers. We look at the implications of a full season of this kind of following.
- We break down the minor league rosters and how they shook out. There are some surprises when you look at who will be starting the season where. Of course, starting the season is one thing, where they end up is another.
- The Blue Jays have played one game, but that doesn’t stop us from extrapolating their performance to look at how they stack up in the AL East. Actually, the first game of the season offers some insight into how they might do and we explain it.
- We look ahead to the rest of the week with the Rays’ series wrapping up and the Blue Jays returning home to welcome the Red Sox, which provides some interesting story lines.
- We wrap up with some great reader questions about the bullpen, Jose Bautista‘s defense and much more!
The Jays’ Nest Podcast is a weekly show hosted by Keegan Matheson of Jays Journal and myself (Founder of Jays From the Couch, Shaun Doyle), featuring recaps, news, opinion, analysis, special guests, and more. Each week we bring our own observations and views about the Toronto Blue Jays to our listeners. We try to keep an open mind while bringing the fans’ perspective to the goings on in Blue Jays Land.
Obviously, we think you should subscribe to our show so that you get it automatically sent to your favorite listening device. Here’s how:
On an iPhone or iPad- Listening on an iOS device? Then simply click here to open up the Podcasts app that Apple pushes by default to all iOS devices, then click subscribe! And, hey! Why not leave us a rating while you’re there?
On an Android tablet or phone- Android has no default podcast player, so you will need to download an app. We suggest Stitcher. But, you can also find us using whichever podcast catcher you prefer. Just search for Jays’ Nest Podcast and you will find us.
We’ve made it super easy for you to find us everywhere. We welcome your feedback, whether it is about something you’ve heard on our show, something you’d like to hear or about the show itself. We want to make this your “go to” source for Blue Jays talk!
You can check out our podcast sponsors- No Halftime and download their head to head fantasy app today!
THANK YOU FOR VISITING JAYS FROM THE COUCH! CHECK US OUT ON TWITTER @JAYSFROMCOUCH AND LIKE US FACEBOOK. BE SURE TO CATCH EVERY EPISODE OF THE JAYS NEST PODCAST!
Shaun Doyle is a long time Blue Jays fan and writer! He decided to put those things together and create Jays From the Couch. Shaun is the host of Jays From the Couch Radio, which is highly ranked in iTunes, and he has appeared on TV and radio spots.