Jays From the Couch presents Ep71 of the Jays Nest Podcast. This episode features plenty of discussion on the Colabello suspension.
Episode 71 of the Jays Nest Podcast features lots of discussion in the wake of Chris Colabello being suspended for 80 games after a positive PED test. We offer our take and initial reactions from when the news broke. Our opinions vary from feeling sorry for the player and wondering how this could even happen. We examine the roster impact of the news. From there, we look at the Blue Jays’ roster depth being exposed. We offer some interesting “Hot Takes” in our regular feature and take some great reader questions.
In This Week’s Episode:
- The aftermath of Colabello’s suspension is full of varying opinions, and we bring you several of them. This situation highlights how there is no real clear cut way of looking at this unfortunate incident. We look at to what degree of “done” is Colabello’s time in Toronto and more!
- We offer up some choices to fill the void he left behind. Basically, the hole is not that big, so whomever is called upon will not be asked to be an everyday firstbaseman.
- After discussing the filler options, we look at how Ezequiel Carrera made me look pretty silly with his great weekend of baseball against the A’s. See, on our very first ever episode of Whisper Songs, I asked why he is even on the roster.
- From there, we look at what impact Michael Bourn could have on the Blue Jays roster. Bourn was recently signed to a MiLB deal after being released by Cleveland and Atlanta, who are still paying him.
- We quetsion the depth that the roster has at this point. It was something that looked good heading into the season, but now looks a little shaky.
- From there, we took some great reader questions!
The Jays’ Nest Podcast is a weekly show hosted by Keegan Matheson of Jays Journal and myself (Founder of Jays From the Couch, Shaun Doyle), featuring recaps, news, opinion, analysis, special guests, and more. Each week we bring our own observations and views about the Toronto Blue Jays to our listeners. We try to keep an open mind while bringing the fans’ perspective to the goings on in Blue Jays Land.
Obviously, we think you should subscribe to our show so that you get it automatically sent to your favorite listening device. Here’s how:
On an iPhone or iPad- Listening on an iOS device? Then simply click here to open up the Podcasts app that Apple pushes by default to all iOS devices, then click subscribe! And, hey! Why not leave us a rating while you’re there?
On an Android tablet or phone- Android has no default podcast player, so you will need to download an app. We suggest Stitcher. But, you can also find us using whichever podcast catcher you prefer. Just search for Jays’ Nest Podcast and you will find us.
We’ve made it super easy for you to find us everywhere. We welcome your feedback, whether it is about something you’ve heard on our show, something you’d like to hear or about the show itself. We want to make this your “go to” source for Blue Jays talk!
YOU CAN CHECK OUT OUR PODCAST SPONSORS- NO HALFTIME AND DOWNLOAD THEIR HEAD TO HEAD FANTASY APP TODAY!
THANK YOU FOR VISITING JAYS FROM THE COUCH! CHECK US OUT ON TWITTER @JAYSFROMCOUCH AND INSTAGRAM. LIKE US FACEBOOK. BE SURE TO CATCH THE JAYS NEST PODCAST!