Join Jays From The Couch Every Morning For Your Toronto Blue Jays Minor League Recap as well as Bichette and Conine Updates
The Blue Jays minor league system went 5 and 3.
Buffalo Bisons (42-38)
The Bisons won 9 to 3, scoring 4 runs in the 2nd inning, 3 runs in the 6th inning and 2 runs in the 7th.
Starter- Thomas Pannone 6.0IP, 3H, 1R, 2BB, 9K on 102 pitches
W- Pannone (2-0, 2.04ERA)
Sunday, June 30th starting pitcher- Conor Fisk
New Hampshire Fisher Cats (34-43)
New Hampshire lost 5 to 2. The Fishers struck out 17 times, walking just once. Alberto Mineo wore the Golden Sombrero.
Starter- Zach Logue 5.2IP, 5H, 4R, 5BB, 7K, and 2HRA on 104 pitches
L- Logue (3-5, 3.92ERA)
Sunday, June 30th starting pitcher- Justin Dillon
Dunedin Blue Jays (48-28)
The D-Jays won 8 to 4. Demi Orimoloye and Kacy Clemens both went deep for the D-Jays on June 28th. They liked it soooo much they decided to do it again, going back to back in the 1st the first inning.
Starter- Julian Merryweather 4.0IP, 5H, 4R, 2BB, 4K, and 1HRA on 59 pitches
W- Emerson Jimenez (2-1, 3.41ERA)
SV- Josh Winckowski (1)
Sunday, June 30th starting pitcher- TBD
Lansing Lugnuts (36-42)
The Lugnuts lost 4 to 3.
HR- Griffin Conine (8)
Starter- Tory Miller 6.1IP, 5H, 2R, 2BB, 4K on 99 pitches
L- Juan Nunez (0-1, 9.82ERA)
Sunday, June 30th starting pitcher- Sean Wymer
Vancouver Canadians (4-12)
Starter- Gabriel Ponce 3.2IP, H, 0R, 0BB, 2K on 42 pitches
W- Pondler (2-1, 3.97ERA)
Sunday, June 30th starting pitcher- Juan Diaz
Bluefield Blue Jays (5-6)
Won 6 to 3
Starter- Alejandro Melean 5.0IP, 5H, 1R, 1BB, 3K
W- Gaudy Ramirez (1-0, 1.80ERA)
SV- Kyle Huckaby (1)
BSV- Ronald Magdaniel (1)
GCL Blue Jays (4-2)
Won 10 to 5
HR- Orelvis Martinez (1) (last season’s big International Free Agent signee)
Starter- Juan De Paula 3.0IP, 1H, 1R, 2BB, 3K
L- Wilgenis Alvarado (1-0, 16.20ERA)/BSV (1)
H- Brayan Mejia (1)
SV- Eliezer Bello (2)
DSL Blue Jays (13-12)
Lost 11 to 1
Starter- Soenni Martinez 3.0IP, 1H, 0R, 1BB, 3K
W- Alcindo Pontes (0-1, 11.57ERA)
H- Jorman Gonzalez (1)
SV- Marc Civit (1)
- Buffalo Socrates Brito (2-for-5, 3B, 2RBI, 2K), Patrick Kivlehan (2-for-3, 2R, 3B, BB), Reese McGuire (1-for-2, R, HR, 3RBI, BB, K), and Thomas Pannone (see above)
- NH Nash Knight (1-for-4, 2B, RBI), Chad Spanberger (2-for-4, R, K), and Jackson McClelland (1IP, H, 2K)
- Dunedin Cal Stevenson (2-for-3, 3R, 2BB), Alejandro Kirk (2-for-3, R, RBI, 2BB), Orimoloye (HR, 3RBI, BB), Clemens (2-for-4, 2R, HR, RBI, BB), Chavez Young (2-for-3, 2B, RBI, 2BB, K, 2CS), and Winckowski (4IP, H, 0R, 0BB, K)
- Lansing Johnny Aiello (2-for-4, 2B, K), Miller (see above), and DJ Neal (2-for-4, RBI, K)
- C’s Yorman Rodriguez (2-for-4, 2B, 2RBI), Brett Wright (1-for-3, 2B, RBI, K, SB), Ponce (see above), and Randy Pondler (5.1IP, 3H, 4BB, 2K)
- Bluefield Melean (see above), Miguel Hiraldo (2-for-4, R, HR, 2RBI, SB), Andres Guerra (2-for-4, R, K), and Joseph Reyes (1-for-4, R, HR, 2RBI, 2K)
- GCL Andrew Orelvis Martinez (3-for-5, R, 3B, HR, 5RBI), Rainer Nunez (1-for-5, 2R, RBI), Erickvi Celedonio (2-for-3, R), Hanley Acevedo (2-for-5, 2R, 2B, RBI, 2K, SB), Brayan Mejia (2IP, 2H, K)
- DSL Martinez (see above) and Juan Martinez (2IP, H)
Player of the Day
Saturday, June 29th POD goes to Andy Burns
The 28-yr-old, a former Blue Jays top prospect, has provided the Buffalo Bisons with a steady bat, positional flexibility, and leadership. On Saturday, Andy Burns provide some pop as well.
Burns hit his 1st HR of the day, a solo shot to LF, in the 1st inning. Burns and McGuire went back-to-back. Burns hit his 2nd HR in the 6th inning, sending a 2-0 pitch over the wall in LF for his 8th HR of the season. He walked in the 4th inning, finishing 2-for-3 with two runs scored, 2HRs, 2RBI, and a walk.
In 67 games, Andy Burns is batting .275 with a .806OPS, 9 doubles, 2 triples, 29 RBI, 34BB, and 40 K. Burns has played mostly 3B (33GP) while spending some time at 1B (12GP) and 2B (13GP).
The Bo Bichette and Griffin Conine Show
Bo Bichette went hitless out of the leadoff spot for the Buffalo Bisons. He scored a run, walked, and struck out. Bichette is batting .277 with a .795OPS but has one hit in his last 4 games (1-for-14 with 3BB and 7K) despite batting .378 over his last 10 games.
Griffin Conine was in RF and batting cleanup for the Lansing Lugnuts. Conine went yard in the 1st inning, a 2-run shot, for his 8th HR of the season. He was hitless with a strikeout in his other three at-bats. Conine has hit HR in back to back games and owns a .306 batting average despite batting .162 over his last 10 games.
*Featured Image Credit: R.Mueller
HEAD ON OVER TO THE JAYS FROM THE COUCH VS ALS STORE AND GET SOME GREAT SWAG THAT YOU WILL LOOK GREAT IN AND YOU CAN FEEL GREAT ABOUT.
YOU CAN ALSO HEAD TO OUR JAYS FROM THE COUCH VS ALS FUNDRAISING PAGE TO MAKE A TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATION DIRECTLY TO ALS CANADA.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING JAYS FROM THE COUCH! CHECK US OUT ON TWITTER @JAYSFROMCOUCH AND INSTAGRAM. LIKE US FACEBOOK. BE SURE TO CATCH THE LATEST FROM JAYS FROM THE COUCH RADIO AND SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Lover of all things Toronto Blue Jays. Blue Jays MiLB fanatic. I strive for average while stumbling onto above average. Rogers isn’t cheap. Baseball is a business. Your right, but I’m more right.