Join Jays From The Couch Every Morning For Your Toronto Blue Jays Minor League Recap as well as Kevin Smith and Griffin Conine Updates
The system went 4 and 6.
Buffalo Bisons (56-53)
The Herd welcomed RP Jackson McClelland who got the call from Double-A. McClelland threw 2.1 scoreless innings with a BB and a K. Buffalo won 6 to 0.
Starter- Taylor Saucedo 3.0IP, 1H, 0R, 0BB, 3K on 53 pitches
W- Matt Dermody (0-1, 6.92ERA)
Friday, August 2nd starting pitcher-TBD
New Hampshire Fisher Cats (48-61)
The Cats lost 6 to 5
Starter- Hector Perez 2.0IP, 3H, 3R, 3BB, 1K, and 1HRA on 58 pitches
L- William Ouellette (1-2, 5.40ERA)
Friday, August 2nd starting pitcher- Joey Murray
Dunedin Blue Jays (63-43)
GM1 The D-Jays lost 3 to 0. Maverik Buffo pitched well after Winckowski struggled to start the match. Buffo allowed one run on 2 hits over 2.1IP. Dunedin hitters collected just a pair of hits, both singles, walking once, and striking out 7 times.
Starter- Josh Winckowski 3.2IP, 3H, 2R, 6BB, K, and 1HRA on 90 pitches
L- Winckowski (2-4, 2.94ERA)
GM2 Won 6 to 2
Starter- Graham Spraker 7.0IP, 3H, 2R, 1BB, 7K on 83 pitches
W- Spraker (7-4, 2.51ERA)
Friday, August 2nd starting pitcher-TBD (Simeon Woods Richardson???)
Lansing Lugnuts (51-56)
The Lugnuts lost 5 to 4.
Starter- Eric Pardinho 5.0IP, 5H, 2R, 1BB, 4K on 75 pitches
L- Troy Miller (4-6, ERA)
Friday, August 2nd starting pitcher- Sean Wymer
Vancouver Canadians (19-29)
The C’s lost 3 to 2
Starter- Alex Nolan 6.0IP, 5H, 1R, 0BB, 1K on 74 pitches
L- Burland (0-2, 7.50ERA)/BSV (2)
Friday, August 2nd starting pitcher-TBD
Bluefield Blue Jays (21-19)
Lost 8 to 7
Starter- Lazaro Estrada 3.0IP, 5H, 4R, 1BB, 2K, and 2HRA on 75 pitches
L- Aldo Ovando (1-3, 9.00ERA)
GCL Blue Jays (13-17)
GM1 Won 8 to 1. Alford making 2nd rehab start, playing DH. Matt Shannon made his 2nd rehab appearance with 2 scoreless innings in relief.
HR- Anthony Alford (1)
Starter- Michael Dominguez 3.0IP, 3H, 1R, 0BB, 4K
W- Matt Shannon (1-1, 0.00ERA)
GM2 Lost 8 to 3
HR- Jhon Solarte (2)
Starter- Santos Moreno 4.0IP, 8H, 5R, 1BB, 2K, and 2HRA
L- Moreno (1-1, 2.96ERA)
DSL Blue Jays (25-27)
Won 7 to 2
Starter- Bejardi Meza 5.0IP, 2H, 0R, 3BB, 2K
W- Meza (3-1, 2.86ERA)
SV- Junior A. Guzman (3)
- Buffalo Jonathan Davis (2-for-5, R, 2B, K, SB), Tellez (HR, 3RBI), Patrick Kivlehan (triple, R, BB, K), De La Cruz (HR, 3RBI), Matt Dermody 2.2IP, H, 2K), and McClelland
- NH Forrest Wall (2-for-5, R, 2B, K), Espinal (solo shot), Nash Knight (2-for-4, 2B, RBI, K), Brock Lundquist (2-for-4, SB), Vinny Nittoli (2.1IP, 1H, 0R, 0BB, 1K)
- D-Jays GM2 Spraker (see above), Chavez Young (1-for-4, R, 2RBI, 2K), Christopher Bec (1-for-2, 2B, 2RBI, BB)
- Lansing Rafael Lantigua (2-for-4, R, 2B, K, CS), Aiello (2-run HR)
- C’s Yorman Rodriguez (3-for-4, SB), Philip Clarke (2-for-3, R, BB), Mc Gregory Contreras (2-for-4, R, 3B, RBI, K), Tanner Morris (2-for-4, 2B, RBI, K), Alex Nolan (see above)
- Bluefield Eric Rivera (2-for-5, R, 2RBI), Leonardo Jimenez (3-for-5, R, RBI, K), Miguel Hiraldo (2-for-5, K, SB), Davis Schneider (1-for-4, 2R, 2B, RBI, BB, 2K), Steward Berroa (1-for-4, 2RBI, BB, K, CS), and Meliton Reyes (3IP, 4H, 0R, 0BB, 0K)
- GCL GM1 Dasan Brown (2-for-3, 2R, SB), Hugo Cardona (1-for-3, 2R, 2B, 2RBI, BB, K), Alford (1-for-3, 2R, HR, RBI, 2BB), Solarte (1-for-3, 2RBI, 2BB, CS), Orelvis Martinez (2-for-3, RBI)
- GCL GM2 Yhon Perez (2-for-3, R, SB), Solarte (solo HR)
- DSL Adrian Montero (1-for-2, 3BB, CS), Glenn Santiago (0-for-3, 2R, RBI, BB, K, 2SB), Yeison Jimenez (2-for-4, 2R, 3B, RBI, K), Gary David (2-for-4, R, 2RBI), Willfrann Astudillo (2-for-4, R), Meza (see above), and Junior A. Guzman (4.0IP, 4H, BB, 6K)
Player of the Day
Thursday, August 1st POD goes to Riley Adams
The Fisher Cats catcher picked up two singles and a home run in four attempts. Riley scored 3 runs and is threw out one runner but allowed 3 stolen bases.
The 23-yr-old, batting cleanup for New Hampshire, reached on a fielding error and scored in the 1st inning. Adams wasn’t credited with the RBI but he brought Forrest Wall in from 3rd base to score the games first run. Adams singled in the 3rd inning and scored on a Kevin Smith groundball force out to 3rd base.
He pushed a pitch over the LF wall for his 6th HR to give the Fisher Cats a 5 to 4 lead. In his final at-bat, Riley Adams picked up a 2-out single to LF in the 7th inning.
The former 3rd round selection has reached base in each of his last 8 games. He is batting .290 with 6 walks, 11K, 8 runs scored, 1HR, and 6 RBI over his last 10 games. His last HR came on July 12th (11 games ago) but Riley Adams has solid power potential. He batting .259 with 12 doubles, a pair of triples, and 6HR while scoring 32 runs and scoring 29RBI in 60 AA games.
The Kevin Smith and Griffin Conine Show
Kevin Smith went hitless in 3 at-bats with an RBI (49) and a walk (24). Smith has a .361BA with 2HR and 6RBI in his last 10 games. He has also struck out 11 times during this stretch and 113 in 88 games. The power is real but so is the swing-and-miss risk.
Griffin Conine was in RF and batting 4th for the Lugnuts. He scored a run, hit a HR and a double, drove in a pair, and a struck out in 4 at-bats. Conine has 3HR and 7 RBI in the past four games. He is still batting just .195 over his last 10.
*Featured Image Credit: R.Mueller
HEAD ON OVER TO THE JAYS FROM THE COUCH VS ALS STORE AND GET SOME GREAT SWAG THAT YOU WILL LOOK GREAT IN AND YOU CAN FEEL GREAT ABOUT.
YOU CAN ALSO HEAD TO OUR JAYS FROM THE COUCH VS ALS FUNDRAISING PAGE TO MAKE A TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATION DIRECTLY TO ALS CANADA.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING JAYS FROM THE COUCH! CHECK US OUT ON TWITTER @JAYSFROMCOUCH AND INSTAGRAM. LIKE US FACEBOOK. BE SURE TO CATCH THE LATEST FROM JAYS FROM THE COUCH RADIO AND SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Lover of all things Toronto Blue Jays. Blue Jays MiLB fanatic. I strive for average while stumbling onto above average. Rogers isn’t cheap. Baseball is a business. Your right, but I’m more right.