Join Jays From The Couch Every Morning For Your Toronto Blue Jays Minor League Recap as well as Kevin Smith and Griffin Conine Updates
The system went 3 and 5. The system welcomed Kyle Johnston to Dunedin and Thomas Hatch to New Hampshire. Santiago Espinal made his Triple-A debut, Mike Ellenbest made his Double-A debut, and Yennsy Diaz made the jump from AA to the BIGS.
Buffalo Bisons (58-54)
The Herd won 9 to 7. Only Jordan Patterson and Santiago Espinal failed to register a hit. The rest of the lineup all had multi-hit games.
HR- Patrick Kivlehan ()
Starter- T.J. Zeuch 6.0IP, 6H, 4R, 3BB, 1K, 1HRA on 98 pitches
W- Zeuch (3-1, 4.93ERA)
SV- Bryan Baker (2)
Sunday, August 4th starting pitcher- Andrew Sopko
New Hampshire Fisher Cats (49-62)
The Cats lost 5 to 3. NH batters walked twice, struck out 11 times, and managed just 4 hits.
HR- Chad Spanberger
Starter- Thomas Hatch 4.0IP, 6H, 4R, 0BB, 3K, and 2HRA on 70 pitches
L- Hatch (0-1, 9.00ERA)
Sunday, August 4th starting pitcher- Nate Pearson
Dunedin Blue Jays (63-45)
The D-Jays welcomed Kyle Johnston. The lineup managed just 4 hits, walking 6 times, and striking out 11 times. Dunedin lost 5 to 1.
Starter- Kyle Johnston 2.2IP, 3H, 5R, 4BB, 3K on 65 pitches
L- Johnston (0-1, 16.88ERA)
Sunday, August 4th starting pitcher- TBD
Lansing Lugnuts (51-58)
The Lugnuts won 3 to 1. Lansing walked a total of 0; however, they did strikeout 6 times while collecting 9 hits. To be fair, the Hot Rods walked twice and K’d 8 times and was held to two hits.
HR- Griffin Conine (17)
Starter- Juan De Paula 5.0IP, 2H, 1R, 2BB, 2K on 78 pitches
W- Marcus Reyes (7-1, 2.26ERA)
SV- Cre Finfrock (13)
Sunday, August 4th starting pitcher- Troy Watson
Vancouver Canadians (19-31)
The C’s lost 2 to 1.
HR- Ronny Brito (3)
Starter- Adam Kloffenstein 5.2IP, 4H, 2R, 3BB, 4K on 83 pitches
L- Kloff (3-3, 2.40ERA)
Sunday, August 4th starting pitcher- Gabriel Ponce
Bluefield Blue Jays (21-22)
Lost 5 to 4
HR- Joseph Reyes (8)
Starter- Sam Ryan 5.0IP, 7H, 3R, 2BB, 2K on 74 pitches
L- Adams Cuevas (1-2, 5.63ERA)
GCL Blue Jays (14-17)
Won 4 to 3
HR- Jhon Solarte (3)
Starter- Kendall Williams 2.0IP, 1H, 1R, 1BB, 3K
W- Sem Robberse (2-0, 0.00ERA)
SV- Brayan Mejia (1)
DSL Blue Jays (26-28)
Lost 8 to 6
Starter- Soenni Martinez 5.0IP, 4H, 1R, 2BB, 2K
L- Juan Martinez (1-2, 5.32ERA)
BSV- Joneivy Polonia (1)
- Buffalo Jonathan Davis (2-for-5, R, K), Socrates Brito (3-for-5, 3R, 2B, SB), Richard Urena (2-for-5, 2R, K), Rowdy Tellez (2-for-5, 2RBI, 3K), Andy Burns (4-for-5, R, 2B, RBI, CS), Michael De La Cruz (2-for-4, 2B, 2RBI)
- NH Chad Spanberger (2-for-4, R, 2B, HR, RBI, K) and Mike Ellenbest (3IP, H, R, BB, K, HRA)
- D-Jays Chavez Young (2-for-4), Samad Taylor (1-for-2, 2B, 2BB), Turner Larkins (4.1IP, 4H, 0R, 1BB, 4K)
- Lansing Reggie Pruitt (2-for-2, SB), De Paula (see above), and Marcus Reyes (3IP, 0H, 0R, 0BB, 5K)
- C’s Trevor Schwecke (2-for-4, K), Ronny Brito (2-for-3, R, HR, RBI), and Luis Quinones (2.1IP, 1H, 0R, 0BB, 4K)
- Bluefield Spencer Horwitz (3-for-5, 2B, 2RBI, K, SB), Leonardo Jimenez (2-for-3, BB, K), D.J. Daniels (2-for-4, R, 2B, 3B)
- GCL Anthony Alford (3-for-4, R, 2B, 3B), Alberto Rodriguez (2-for-3, 2R, 2-2B, BB, K), Javier D’Orazio (2-for-4, SB), Robberse (2IP, 2H, 0R, 0BB, 1K), Jackxarel LeBron (2IP, 0H, 0R, 1BB, 0K)
- DSL Adrian Montero (2-for-5, R, SB), Emmanuel Sanchez (3-for-5, 2B, RBI, K, SB, CS), Gary David (3-for-4, 2R, HR, 2RBI), and Willfrann Astudillo (2-for-3, 2R, HR, 2RBI)
Player of the Day
Saturday, August 3rd POD goes to Patrick Kivlehan
The 29-yr-old minor vet has delivered the goods since joining the Blue Jays system on May 14th. Since joining the Buffalo Bisons on May 28th, Kivlehan has 17 HR and a .931OPS to go with a .277BA. He’s been used at 1B (17) and 3B (24) as a member of the Herd.
DH’ing and batting 5th for the Bisons, Patrick Kivlehan singled in the 1st inning to drive in Socrates Brito and tie the game at 2-2. He singled to lead-off the 3rd inning but was forced out at 2nd base on a Jordan Patterson groundball.
Kivlehan followed up a Brito double (21) and a Richard Urena single to start the 4th inning with his 21st Triple-A HR, giving the Bisons an 8 to 4 advantage. He was beaned in his next at-bat in the 6th inning and walked in the 8th inning to end his day.
Over his last 10 games, Kivlehan is batting .300 with 4 runs scored, 2HR, and 11RBI.
The Kevin Smith and Griffin Conine Show
Kevin Smith went hitless in 3 at-bats and struck out twice. Smith has gone hitless over his last 4 games (0-for-14 with 7K and 1BB). Smith is batting .209 with a 31.2K%, .205ISO, .308 wOBA, and 16HR.
Griffin Conine went 1-for-4 with a solo home run (17) and a strikeout. Conine has hits in 6 straight games. He is batting .281 with a 37.7K% and .306ISO
*Featured Image Credit: R.Mueller
HEAD ON OVER TO THE JAYS FROM THE COUCH VS ALS STORE AND GET SOME GREAT SWAG THAT YOU WILL LOOK GREAT IN AND YOU CAN FEEL GREAT ABOUT.
YOU CAN ALSO HEAD TO OUR JAYS FROM THE COUCH VS ALS FUNDRAISING PAGE TO MAKE A TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATION DIRECTLY TO ALS CANADA.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING JAYS FROM THE COUCH! CHECK US OUT ON TWITTER @JAYSFROMCOUCH AND INSTAGRAM. LIKE US FACEBOOK. BE SURE TO CATCH THE LATEST FROM JAYS FROM THE COUCH RADIO AND SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Lover of all things Toronto Blue Jays. Blue Jays MiLB fanatic. I strive for average while stumbling onto above average. Rogers isn’t cheap. Baseball is a business. Your right, but I’m more right.