Jays From the Couch brings you Episode 55 of the Jays Nest Podcast. This week, we look at how the Toronto Blue Jays will proceed after a big trade and more!
Welcome back to the Jays Nest Podcast. First thing you’ll notice is that we have a shiny new logo. After a couple iterations, we like this one so much that it’ll be the one we stick with. This week, Jays From the Couch brings you Ep 55 of our weekly Blue Jays talk. As always, we welcome Keegan for another great hour of discussion. This week, we look at the fallout of the Drew Storen Trade, ownership, contract extensions and more. We’d really appreciate it if you could take a second and follow the links below to provide us with a rating on iTunes, etc. It really helps us out.
In This Week’s Episode:
- We started our week off by talking about our initial reactions to the trade that sent Ben Revere to the Washington Nationals for Storen. The reaction among fans was not all pleasant, surprisingly enough.
- The trade opened up several options for the Blue Jays in constructing their bullpen and starting rotation. The ripple effect of this deal is fairly large.
- Part of the impact will be felt in the outfield conversation. We chime in on the Michael Saunders, Dalton Pompey conversation.
- We also discuss the leadoff spot in this potent lineup. Everyone seems to be talking about it, so we did too.
- We briefly discussed the news of former Blue Jays GM, Alex Anthopoulos, heading to the Dodgers in whatever capacity he’ll be given.
- As well, we discuss an interesting MLB ownership poll that Jeff Sullivan of Fangraphs.com conducted. Blue Jays fans had their say in spades, but ownership didn’t exactly fair too well.
- Episode 55 was wrapped up with a look at the contract extension talks the club is partaking in with Jose Bautista and Edwin Encarnacion.
The Jays’ Nest Podcast is a weekly show hosted by Keegan Matheson of Jays Journal and myself (Founder of Jays From the Couch, Shaun Doyle), featuring recaps, news, opinion, analysis, special guests, and more. Each week we bring our own observations and views about the Toronto Blue Jays to our listeners. We try to keep an open mind while bringing the fans’ perspective to the goings on in Blue Jays Land.
Obviously, we think you should subscribe to our show so that you get it automatically sent to your favorite listening device. Here’s how:
On an iPhone or iPad- Listening on an IOS device? Then simply click here to open up the Podcasts app that Apple pushes by default to all iOS devices, then click subscribe! And, hey! Why not leave us a rating while you’re there?
On an Android tablet or phone- Android has no default podcast player, so you will need to download an app. We suggest Stitcher. But, you can also find us using whichever podcast catcher you prefer. Just search for Jays’ Nest Podcast and you will find us.
We’ve made it super easy for you to find us everywhere. We welcome your feedback, whether it is about something you’ve heard on our show, something you’d like to hear or about the show itself. We want to make this your “go to” source for Blue Jays talk!
Thank you for visiting Jays From the Couch! Check us out on Twitter @JaysFromCouch
Shaun Doyle is a long time Blue Jays fan and writer! He decided to put those things together and create Jays From the Couch. Shaun is the host of Jays From the Couch Radio, which is highly ranked in iTunes, and he has appeared on TV and radio spots.