Did you miss some of the great content at Jays From the Couch over the last week? Well, here’s a collection of the highlights from a busy week; the best in our Blue Jays coverage.
The Blue Jays gave us a bit of news to unpack recently. Here at Jays From the Couch, we took the opportunity to do just that. We’ve also been counting down our inaugural Top 15 Prospects List!
Episode #55 of the Jays Nest Podcast came out this week and it was a good one. There was lots of great discussion about trading away Ben Revere and the fallout of that deal as well as a look at ownership’s popularity, former GM, Alex Anthopoulos and much more!
- Our Blue Jays 2016 Top Prospects began with Ryan Mueller heading up the minor league charge and getting busy with a look at a four part Honorable Mentions List. PART 1 profiled Angel Perdomo and Hansel Rodriguez. PART 2 featured Andy Burns and Chad Girodo. In PART 3, Lane Thomas and Joshua Almonte get some love and in PART 4 Shane Dawson and Ryan Borucki are profiled.
- In an attempt to figure out the enigma that is Drew Hutchison, Staff Writer, Cole Nefsky, looked at the usage of the slider in 2015. There have been several ideas as to what caused Hutch’s struggles, but Cole looks at the use of the pitch in different situations.
- Founder, Shaun Doyle, compared the defensive numbers of the Blue Jays lineup to the starting rotation’s ability to use their defenders. The analysis looked at a couple of fielding metrics and stacked those up against batted ball numbers.
- Staff Writer, Spencer Redmond, asked the question: Where does Jesse Chavez fit into the Blue Jays pitching staff. Should he start? Should he be a bullpen piece? There were some interesting comments on this one. CHECK IT OUT!
- In light of the recent trade that brought Drew Storen to the Blue Jays, Staff Writer, Ryan Andrews explored the benefits of having the late inning reliever in the fold. The benefits are both obvious and implied, both of which make for an interesting (and encouraging) read.
- Staff Writer, Wade Black, made an interesting (and perhaps) controversial observation. In the face of potentially losing both Edwin Encarnacion and Jose Bautista, Wade wondered if exploring free agent, Justin Upton, might be a worthwhile endeavor. It would be an unpopular move, especially at first, but it would be one that addresses the club’s present and long term ability to compete.
As the founder of Jays From the Couch, I want to take the opportunity to thank you sincerely for visiting our site. It truly is a labor of love and I appreciate your support. As always, I invite you to join in the discussion by commenting on each post. Feel free to reach out with anything Blue Jays. That’s what we’re here for. As well, you can continue the discussion on Twitter @JaysFromCouch!
Shaun Doyle is a long time Blue Jays fan and writer! He decided to put those things together and create Jays From the Couch. Shaun is the host of Jays From the Couch Radio, which is highly ranked in iTunes, and he has appeared on TV and radio spots.