DID YOU MISS SOME OF THE GREAT CONTENT AT JAYS FROM THE COUCH OVER THE LAST WEEK? WELL, HERE’S A COLLECTION OF THE HIGHLIGHTS FROM A BUSY WEEK; THE BEST IN OUR BLUE JAYS COVERAGE.
The past week has been full of Blue Jays rumors and speculating. Jays From the Couch looked at some of the rumblings, some options and more! As well, we’ve climbed into the Top 15 Prospects List.
Episode #56 of the Jays Nest Podcast came out this week and featured a great discussion on Arbitration Friday, the posisbility of extending a couple studs beyond 2016, the Mark Shapiro to Darth Vader comparison, roster depth and more! We even had some Star Wars fun!
- Out Top Prospect List has moved into the Top 10 with profiles of D.J. Davis at #10, Justin Maese at #9 and Max Pentecost at #8. When you think about the state of the Blue Jays farm system, these profiles will help you do so in a positive light. There is lots of talent there.
- Ryan Mueller brought us a great interview with Blue Jays 2015 draft pick, Earl Burl III. Not only is he talented, but he comes across as a very mature young man. It’s a must read!
- In response to the hate that new president, Mark Shapiro is getting, I ask that we all take a more level headed approach to our judgment of him.
- Part of that more logical line of thinking yields an interesting look at how the Blue Jays are spending money this winter. We can’t really say the club (more specifically, the owners) are being cheap based on looking at what they value.
- Earlier in the week, there was a rumor linking the Blue Jays to Antonio Bastardo. It seemed like a logical fit at the time. Perhaps, the same logic can be applied to other remaining bullpen options. Speaking of logical fits, our Spencer Redmond looked at a possible option the club may want to consider to address their lack of depth at the catching position.
- In his Jays From the Couch debut, James Dailey looked at why Michael Saunders may be primed for a huge year in 2016. If he’s healthy, a full year at Rogers Centre just might help propel him…and his numbers.
As the founder of Jays From the Couch, I want to take the opportunity to thank you sincerely for visiting our site. It truly is a labor of love and I appreciate your support. As always, I invite you to join in the discussion by commenting on each post. Feel free to reach out with anything Blue Jays. That’s what we’re here for. As well, you can continue the discussion on Twitter @JaysFromCouch!
Shaun Doyle is a long time Blue Jays fan and writer! He decided to put those things together and create Jays From the Couch. Shaun is the host of Jays From the Couch Radio, which is highly ranked in iTunes, and he has appeared on TV and radio spots.