Episode 58 of the Jays Nest Podcast brings you great discussion about the Toronto Blue Jays roster depth as well as a look at extending Jose Bautista.
This week on the Jays Nest Podcast, we bring you some great Toronto Blue Jays discussion, as always. We look at the return of a former infielder and what that means for the club. We discuss how the Toronto Blue Jays are proving Bill James wrong with their lineup. The possible extension of Jose Bautista is a hot topic and we dig into the depth of the 2016 roster as it stands now. We also take a couple reader questions.
In This Week’s Episode:
- Maicer Izturis returns to the Blue Jays on a minor league deal. Some may have questioned why the club would make a move like this, but it actually may prove to be a fairly shrewd piece of business. We look at the role he’ll fill for the organization.
- We looked at how the Toronto Blue Jays have built a lineup that is going against how Bill James suggests one should be built. The discussion is based on a piece from earlier at Jays From the Couch by James Dailey. This led to a larger discussion on lineup construction and team identity.
- Whether or not to extend Jose Bautista is a hot topic these days and we look at the package that he brings to the club and whether he would be worth the investment on and off the field.
- We dig deep into the roster depth that the Blue Jays have set up. While there have been some moves this winter that have not really made us stand up and shout, the strategic investment in depth should not go unnoticed. As it stands right now, the club looks to be in good shape heading into the 2016 season.
- We took a couple questions. One asked us about Dalton Pompey‘s role with the club in 2016 and where he starts. The other asked us about Ryan Goins‘ eventual All Star campaign.
The Jays’ Nest Podcast is a weekly show hosted by Keegan Matheson of Jays Journal and myself (Founder of Jays From the Couch, Shaun Doyle), featuring recaps, news, opinion, analysis, special guests, and more. Each week we bring our own observations and views about the Toronto Blue Jays to our listeners. We try to keep an open mind while bringing the fans’ perspective to the goings on in Blue Jays Land.
Obviously, we think you should subscribe to our show so that you get it automatically sent to your favorite listening device. Here’s how:
On an iPhone or iPad- Listening on an IOS device? Then simply click here to open up the Podcasts app that Apple pushes by default to all iOS devices, then click subscribe! And, hey! Why not leave us a rating while you’re there?
On an Android tablet or phone- Android has no default podcast player, so you will need to download an app. We suggest Stitcher. But, you can also find us using whichever podcast catcher you prefer. Just search for Jays’ Nest Podcast and you will find us.
We’ve made it super easy for you to find us everywhere. We welcome your feedback, whether it is about something you’ve heard on our show, something you’d like to hear or about the show itself. We want to make this your “go to” source for Blue Jays talk!
THANK YOU FOR VISITING JAYS FROM THE COUCH! CHECK US OUT ON TWITTER@JAYSFROMCOUCH AND LIKE US FACEBOOK. BE SURE TO CATCH THE JAYS NEST PODCAST!
Shaun Doyle is a long time Blue Jays fan and writer! He decided to put those things together and create Jays From the Couch. Shaun is the host of Jays From the Couch Radio, which is highly ranked in iTunes, and he has appeared on TV and radio spots.