Jays From the Couch brings you Ep67 of the Jays Nest Podcast where we look ahead to the Blue Jays 2016 season with some predictions & more!
We made it! The waiting is over. The Toronto Blue Jays are about to begin their 40th season! There has been so much anticipation for this moment. We have the taste of playoffs still fresh in our mouths and we want more. We had to endure months of cold and snow and debating and guessing what the organization would do. Now, we finally get to sit back and enjoy real baseball.
Episode 67 of the Jays Nest Podcast brings you an excited discussion about how the roster looks heading into the season. We break it down by rotation, bullpen, lineup and the bench. We go through and give you our take on how thi steam shapes up as they are set to defend their AL East title. We then go into the obligatory predictions for the upcoming season. Some are serious, others are not. Get ready! 2016 baseball is about to begin!
In This Week’s Episode:
- We dig into just how good this offense is. They led the planet in runs last season. Can they repeat? What about the construction of said lineup? How could it, should it and would it look this year?
- We move on to discuss what many feel is the biggest question mark: the starting rotation. But, with Marcus Stroman leading the way, this crew just might surprise you. We tell you why.
- The bullpen is an area of strength for the Blue Jays, which is a good thing since the rest of baseball is trying to focus on the later innings. Perhaps, with a strong ‘pen, the rotation could be even better.
- The Blue Jays bench doesn’t get much love, but we send them some in this episode. The discussion centers around whether we agree with the choices made. We just might have some alternatives if we were to choose the role players.
- Then we get into our predictions! We offer some serious predictions around individual performances like R.A. Dickey, Aaron Sanchez and more! Some of the other predictions are not so serious, but lead to some good conversation for your listening pleasure.
- Like Roberto Osuna, we close with authority as we have some reader questions about the upcoming season.
The Jays’ Nest Podcast is a weekly show hosted by Keegan Matheson of Jays Journal and myself (Founder of Jays From the Couch, Shaun Doyle), featuring recaps, news, opinion, analysis, special guests, and more. Each week we bring our own observations and views about the Toronto Blue Jays to our listeners. We try to keep an open mind while bringing the fans’ perspective to the goings on in Blue Jays Land.
Obviously, we think you should subscribe to our show so that you get it automatically sent to your favorite listening device. Here’s how:
On an iPhone or iPad- Listening on an IOS device? Then simply click here to open up the Podcasts app that Apple pushes by default to all iOS devices, then click subscribe! And, hey! Why not leave us a rating while you’re there?
On an Android tablet or phone- Android has no default podcast player, so you will need to download an app. We suggest Stitcher. But, you can also find us using whichever podcast catcher you prefer. Just search for Jays’ Nest Podcast and you will find us.
We’ve made it super easy for you to find us everywhere. We welcome your feedback, whether it is about something you’ve heard on our show, something you’d like to hear or about the show itself. We want to make this your “go to” source for Blue Jays talk!
You can check out our podcast sponsors- No Halftime and download their head to head fantasy app today!
THANK YOU FOR VISITING JAYS FROM THE COUCH! CHECK US OUT ON TWITTER @JAYSFROMCOUCH AND LIKE US FACEBOOK. BE SURE TO CATCH EVERY EPISODE OF THE JAYS NEST PODCAST!
Shaun Doyle is a long time Blue Jays fan and writer! He decided to put those things together and create Jays From the Couch. Shaun is the host of Jays From the Couch Radio, which is highly ranked in iTunes, and he has appeared on TV and radio spots.