Jays From the Couch is proud to bring you our LIVE Toronto Blue Jays Game Chat where the Blue Jays look to win the series against the A’s.
Today is Josh Donaldson MVP Bobblehead Day and he will also receive his 2015 Silver Slugger Award AND his mom will throw out the first pitch!
It would appear that Ezequiel Carrera has shed a monkey from his back after a 4 for 4 day at the plate and a couple of fancy catches in LF. John Gibbons likes to reward stuff like that, so he’ll be in the lineup again today. The bats came alive yesterday, which has us all super excited about the possibility that they will get on a roll. They will look to do so today in an attempt to win the series against the A’s.
Taking the mound for the Blue Jays is Drew Hutchison, who has been called up to provide a bit of a break for the rest of the starters. With a good start from him, some may get excited and wonder if he’ll stay up with the big league club. That is doubtful. But, he should think of this as a chance to show that he’s improved.
The A’s will counter with Eric Surkamp, who went 5 2/3 innings against the Yankees in his last outing. He’s going to have to learn from Chris Bassitt‘s start yesterday. He’ll have to focus on movement and location to keep these Blue Jays bats quiet.
4/24 @BlueJays lineup vs OAK
— MLB Lineups (@mlblineups) April 24, 2016
4/24 @Athletics lineup at TOR
— MLB Lineups (@mlblineups) April 24, 2016
Feel free to participate in what should be great Blue Jays talk. Share your reactions, thoughts, etc in the chat space below!
The purpose of having this chat room option is to grow a community of Blue Jays (and baseball) fans. Plain and simple. Because this is new for our site, there are bound to be growing pains, but it is something that we are excited about doing and hoping will grow as we progress through the season.
While we are happy to facilitate a space where Blue Jays fans can interact and share ideas, etc. it is important that we lay down some ground rules. It is unfortunate that we have to lay these out, but we all know how online interactions can go sometimes. That said common sense and decency are the expectation. Basically, here are our expectations:
- Be respectful! Does that really need to be explained? Just in case: no derogatory comments about race, gender, sexuality, etc. We are not here to insult each other. Keep that in mind. It is great that you have a different perspective or thought on the goings on in Blue Jays Land, just make sure you share that respectfully. It’s that simple. It is logical to argue about ideas. That is welcome. As long as it stays about ideas. In fact, you should expect it to happen and be open to it. It is what makes baseball so great.
- While teasing is bound to happen, especially when folks extol the virtues of Juan Francisco, please remember that we are not here to be insulting. Please keep contributions about baseball and Blue Jays and everyone goes home happy*.
- *Disclaimer: Individual results may vary. JFtC accepts no responsibility for your satisfaction with the outcome of any game. There will be no Game Chat refunds issued. ;P
- Any suggestions of violence (or the like) toward another commentor will not be tolerated.
- We are allowing the sharing of links to facilitate deeper discussion. So, if you have an idea that Baseball Reference, Fangraphs or Brooks Baseball can back you up on, the link can be shared. However, spamming or promoting of other entities (including online streaming of games, etc) is not allowed. Sorry.
- If you’re here to chat about another team, this likely isn’t the place for you.
- The moderator of the chat reserves the right to delete comments, or even block users for what they deem as inappropriate conduct. Again, we’re all friends here, so if you act like it, you’ll be fine.
- These rules are not debatable. If you break them, you will have to just accept what happens as a result. We want this to be a great place for Blue Jays fans to congregate. We want it to grow. We can only do that by ensuring everyone has a good time doing so.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING JAYS FROM THE COUCH! CHECK US OUT ON TWITTER @JAYSFROMCOUCH AND INSTAGRAM. LIKE US FACEBOOK. BE SURE TO CATCH THE JAYS NEST PODCAST!
Shaun Doyle is a long time Blue Jays fan and writer! He decided to put those things together and create Jays From the Couch. Shaun is the host of Jays From the Couch Radio, which is highly ranked in iTunes, and he has appeared on TV and radio spots.