Jays From the Couch is proud to bring your our LIVE Toronto Blue Jays Game Chat as the club hopes to win the series in Tampa Bay.
Happy Birthday to Marcus Stroman. He will turn 25 as he faces the Tampa Bay Rays and hopes to win the series. This might be one of those starts where you need an ace type guy. The Blue Jays need someone who will stop the losing and turn the page toward a hot streak; a guy who can flip the calendar to a new, more successful month.
Of course, they also need a bullpen who can protect any efforts Stroman puts forth. As well, manager, John Gibbons must think carefully about which of those bullpen pieces he’s going to use, and when he’s going to use them. The Rays will counter with Jake Odorizzi, who has yet to be credited with a win in 2016.
Russell Martin is back behind the plate this afternoon. His health is the main concern, but if his bat could catch fire, that would be so nice. Ezequiel Carrera will start in RF as Jose Bautista gets the day to DH.
5/1 #Rays lineup vs TOR
Souza Jr. RF
— MLB Lineups (@mlblineups) May 1, 2016
5/1 @BlueJays lineup at TB
— MLB Lineups (@mlblineups) May 1, 2016
Feel free to participate in what should be great Blue Jays talk. Share your reactions, thoughts, etc in the chat space below!
The purpose of having this chat room option is to grow a community of Blue Jays (and baseball) fans. Plain and simple. Because this is new for our site, there are bound to be growing pains, but it is something that we are excited about doing and hoping will grow as we progress through the season.
While we are happy to facilitate a space where Blue Jays fans can interact and share ideas, etc. it is important that we lay down some ground rules. It is unfortunate that we have to lay these out, but we all know how online interactions can go sometimes. That said common sense and decency are the expectation. Basically, here are our expectations:
- Be respectful! Does that really need to be explained? Just in case: no derogatory comments about race, gender, sexuality, etc. We are not here to insult each other. Keep that in mind. It is great that you have a different perspective or thought on the goings on in Blue Jays Land, just make sure you share that respectfully. It’s that simple. It is logical to argue about ideas. That is welcome. As long as it stays about ideas. In fact, you should expect it to happen and be open to it. It is what makes baseball so great.
- While teasing is bound to happen, especially when folks extol the virtues of Juan Francisco, please remember that we are not here to be insulting. Please keep contributions about baseball and Blue Jays and everyone goes home happy*.
- *Disclaimer: Individual results may vary. JFtC accepts no responsibility for your satisfaction with the outcome of any game. There will be no Game Chat refunds issued. ;P
- Any suggestions of violence (or the like) toward another commentor will not be tolerated.
- We are allowing the sharing of links to facilitate deeper discussion. So, if you have an idea that Baseball Reference, Fangraphs or Brooks Baseball can back you up on, the link can be shared. However, spamming or promoting of other entities (including online streaming of games, etc) is not allowed. Sorry.
- If you’re here to chat about another team, this likely isn’t the place for you.
- The moderator of the chat reserves the right to delete comments, or even block users for what they deem as inappropriate conduct. Again, we’re all friends here, so if you act like it, you’ll be fine.
- These rules are not debatable. If you break them, you will have to just accept what happens as a result. We want this to be a great place for Blue Jays fans to congregate. We want it to grow. We can only do that by ensuring everyone has a good time doing so.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING JAYS FROM THE COUCH! CHECK US OUT ON TWITTER @JAYSFROMCOUCH AND INSTAGRAM. LIKE US FACEBOOK. BE SURE TO CATCH THE JAYS NEST PODCAST!
Shaun Doyle is a long time Blue Jays fan and writer! He decided to put those things together and create Jays From the Couch. Shaun is the host of Jays From the Couch Radio, which is highly ranked in iTunes, and he has appeared on TV and radio spots.