Jays From the Couch brings you Episode 72 of the Jays Nest Podcast where we dig into the Blue Jays bullpen woes and much more!
Episode 72 of the Jays Nest Podcast dives headlong into a discussion on the frustrations that surround the Toronto Blue Jays bullpen. Brett Cecil and Drew Storen have disappointed thus far and there has been some interesting managerial choices thrown in for fun. We dig into all of this. As well, we look at the first base position and what will happen when Devon Travis returns. We also take some great (as always) reader questions.
In This Week’s Episode:
- We start our podcast off with a look at the Texas Rangers returning to Toronto for the first time since the 2015 ALDS. We talk redemption for the Bat Flip, Sam Dyson, the value of iconic moments and much more!
- The podcast couldn’t go long without talking about the bullpen woes through which the Blue Jays are suffering. We debate whether it is time for the club to address this area of concern or if we really know what this group of relievers really is. We each identify our biggest worry for the group.
- From there, we dig into the first base situation. Would you be happy with a full year from Justin Smoak and Edwin Encarnacion? That’s the question we ask ourselves. The resulting conversation is a good one.
- Of course, second base is also going to be a position that requires some thinking. Devon Travis is close(ish) to returning from the DL and the club will have to decide what (if anything) to do with Ryan Goins and Darwin Barney.
- Out “Hot Takes” segment features our thoughts on how quickly Travis slides into the role we all expect of him and just how much firstbase Edwin will be playing.
- We wrapped up our show with some great reader questions about just how good the Blue Jays actually are, about the impact Aaron Loup will have on the bullpen and and interesting idea for contracts and players who get suspended for PED usage.
The Jays’ Nest Podcast is a weekly show hosted by Keegan Matheson of Jays Journal and myself (Founder of Jays From the Couch, Shaun Doyle), featuring recaps, news, opinion, analysis, special guests, and more. Each week we bring our own observations and views about the Toronto Blue Jays to our listeners. We try to keep an open mind while bringing the fans’ perspective to the goings on in Blue Jays Land.
Obviously, we think you should subscribe to our show so that you get it automatically sent to your favorite listening device. Here’s how:
On an iPhone or iPad- Listening on an iOS device? Then simply click here to open up the Podcasts app that Apple pushes by default to all iOS devices, then click subscribe! And, hey! Why not leave us a rating while you’re there?
On an Android tablet or phone- Android has no default podcast player, so you will need to download an app. We suggest Stitcher. But, you can also find us using whichever podcast catcher you prefer. Just search for Jays’ Nest Podcast and you will find us.
We’ve made it super easy for you to find us everywhere. We welcome your feedback, whether it is about something you’ve heard on our show, something you’d like to hear or about the show itself. We want to make this your “go to” source for Blue Jays talk!
YOU CAN CHECK OUT OUR PODCAST SPONSORS- NO HALFTIME AND DOWNLOAD THEIR HEAD TO HEAD FANTASY APP TODAY!
THANK YOU FOR VISITING JAYS FROM THE COUCH! CHECK US OUT ON TWITTER @JAYSFROMCOUCH AND INSTAGRAM. LIKE US FACEBOOK. BE SURE TO CATCH THE JAYS NEST PODCAST!
Shaun Doyle is a long time Blue Jays fan and writer! He decided to put those things together and create Jays From the Couch. Shaun is the host of Jays From the Couch Radio, which is highly ranked in iTunes, and he has appeared on TV and radio spots.