Episode 73 of the Jays Nest Podcast brings you great discussion about the struggles of the Toronto Blue Jays and an interview with Andy Burns
Episode 73 of the Jays Nest Podcast discusses the continued struggle of the Toronto Blue Jays bullpen. It feels like every week we talk about this. That is because there is growing frustration and calls for something to be done to fix the problem(s). Perhaps, it could be as easy as using the pieces properly. We also bring you a sit down with Andy Burns right before he got the call up to the big leagues. All of this, our “Hot Takes” and lots of reader questions await you in this week’s episode.
In This Week’s Episode:
- The bullpen is once again on everyone’s mind. We look into the struggles of the entire group of relievers as well as some individual performances. As a group, they are ranked rather low in some important areas. But, just who should be blamed? We discuss the role John Gibbons plays in their struggles.
- Keegan visited the Buffalo Bisons recently and sat down with Andy Burns. It was right before his call up and he had some interesting things to say about his approach at the plate and the versatility that he brings to the table. It was a great interview with batting practice going on, for the “authentic” feel.
- From there, we brought the conversation back to the bullpen, but focused on Joe Biagini. While he is proving to be an interesting bright spot for the Blue Jays, we look into just how excited we should be about him.
- Our “Hot Takes” segment was an interesting one where Keegan opined about the 40th spot on the club’s roster and I offered a conspiracy theory about MLB umpires.
- We wrapped up with some reader questions that ranged in topics from Fantex to Joey Votto to Justin Morneau to a fire sale.
The Jays’ Nest Podcast is a weekly show hosted by Keegan Matheson of Jays Journal and myself (Founder of Jays From the Couch, Shaun Doyle), featuring recaps, news, opinion, analysis, special guests, and more. Each week we bring our own observations and views about the Toronto Blue Jays to our listeners. We try to keep an open mind while bringing the fans’ perspective to the goings on in Blue Jays Land.
Obviously, we think you should subscribe to our show so that you get it automatically sent to your favorite listening device. Here’s how:
On an iPhone or iPad- Listening on an iOS device? Then simply click here to open up the Podcasts app that Apple pushes by default to all iOS devices, then click subscribe! And, hey! Why not leave us a rating while you’re there?
On an Android tablet or phone- Android has no default podcast player, so you will need to download an app. We suggest Stitcher. But, you can also find us using whichever podcast catcher you prefer. Just search for Jays’ Nest Podcast and you will find us.
We’ve made it super easy for you to find us everywhere. We welcome your feedback, whether it is about something you’ve heard on our show, something you’d like to hear or about the show itself. We want to make this your “go to” source for Blue Jays talk!
YOU CAN CHECK OUT OUR PODCAST SPONSORS- NO HALFTIME AND DOWNLOAD THEIR HEAD TO HEAD FANTASY APP TODAY!
THANK YOU FOR VISITING JAYS FROM THE COUCH! CHECK US OUT ON TWITTER @JAYSFROMCOUCH AND INSTAGRAM. LIKE US FACEBOOK. BE SURE TO CATCH THE JAYS NEST PODCAST!
Shaun Doyle is a long time Blue Jays fan and writer! He decided to put those things together and create Jays From the Couch. Shaun is the host of Jays From the Couch Radio, which is highly ranked in iTunes, and he has appeared on TV and radio spots.